Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I can't wait to see the results...

I exercised my right to vote today. It was great to see friends and neighbors at the voting booths bright and early this morning.

One of the individuals that I ran into there had suffered a great loss over the summer. Her 23 year old son had died. I had asked her how she was doing and she burst into tears. I again expressed my sympathy (which really means nothing in a situation like this). After which I was at a loss for words. What can one say in the face of grief. I gave her a hug. At times like these, I feel very inadequate. I have never experienced a loss like hers, but I am sure there can be nothing worse. Her name is Shirley. Can you send up a little prayer for her today for comfort and peace?

1 comment:

  1. Said a prayer for her as soon as I read this. It's the absence of the loved one that hurts the most.

    ReplyDelete