Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wow what a wonderful weekend!

I had such a wonderful weekend that I just have to share. It was my Aunt Rosalie's "30th anniversary of her 30th birthday". My Aunt Maxine and I drove up Saturday morning to the other side of Niagara Falls(still in the US) and returned Sunday night, but like most women, we know how to pack in as much as we can in the amount of time we have.

We visited, explored her new house, went to dinner at "Grannie Apples" in Lewistown, drove to the Lake Ontario, took pictures, returned to her house where we really got down to business examining her "stash"! Which was fair since while she visited me, she had to review my "stash". While mine is in yarns, hers is in semi-precious stones, glass beads, crystals, etc that she uses to create her wonderful jewelry. (I personally have been the recipient of some of these treasures!) We finally gave in and retired for the night or well some of us did.


Others were not so lucky, apparently, due to someone cutting up firewood for the winter and that person shall remain nameless :). And of course Miss Misty had a meow in that as well.


Sunday we went to church, returned to her house and had a wonderful cookout which we ate out on her deck. Then we went to her birthday party, and what a party it was. Decorations, four course meal, and of course visiting with family!

Here are a couple of pictures for those of you who couldn't attend.
















Here is my Aunt Rose with cousins Kim and Wendy and then Aunt Rose with her friend Taylor. These are the wonderful people who threw such a wonderful party and made all the food. Get a good look at those cakes. They were as tasty as they were pretty!

And here she is after she opened my gift to her...a day early...
















It was a great visit just ask Aunt Maxine...


1 comment:

  1. Yep wonderful party, but the best part was all the close friends and family I love so much!!!

    ReplyDelete