Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Suprises come in many forms...

I love suprises! Well most of the time...as long as they are good suprises and not unpleasant ones (I have had enough of them, but haven't we all!).

Yesterday I received a surpise package in the mail from my littlest sis:


...and can I say it is absolutely wonderful! A "Words to Woof" by daily calendar that has dog tips, "thoughts", pictures with funny captions, a journal and a pen! I will enjoy this in the upcoming year and I admit I did peek ahead to see what some of the upcoming dates had on them!


A big Thank you Sis, and {{Hugs}}, I will be using them for sure!

After the package arrived, it seemed to stir some creative juices in me and spurred me to action to complete some errands that I had been putting off. So I made my list and headed off to town.


  • Feed the chickens


  • Feed the fish


  • Feed the dogs


  • Gas up the car


  • Grocery store


  • Oil change in car


  • Joannes' Fabric Store


  • Make dinner


  • take pictures for blog


  • Knitting Group

One of my stops was to Joanne's Fabrics from which I had a gift card that I received at Christmas. On my list of goals was to start sewing again and inspired by GMarie as well as my mom, this is what I purchased:

Sewing machine oil (it hasn't been used in a while so figured better make sure it is cleaned and oiled up), scissors a four pack that had each kind I may need in various sizes, and two patterns that have multisizes so that if I hit another of my goals I can still use the patterns!

And while I was still feeling in the creative mood, I decided to make up a hearty comfort food dish for dinner that the family would (hopefully) enjoy:


...when I say creative and make up, I am not joking! No recipe just threw some stuff together that I thought might taste good. Chicken, noodles, sauteed and chopped carrots, celery, onion, parsley, tarragon, some cream of chicken soup for the sauce, then crushed crackers and cheddar cheese for a topper and into the oven it went.


It was yummy and was a hit with the family!

Then it was over to visit with a friend (and help her with her dinner as she has been incapcitated with a broken hip/leg) for a couple of hours.

And lastly on to knitting group! J had gotten in some really cool knitting books, so we all spent time drooling over Rowan, Vogue and French Girl Knits. We did get soommme knitting done!

What a fun day! Can hardly wait to see what today brings.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that chicken casserole looks pretty good after all... Glad it turned out for you. I've tried to make things up and they usually flop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like that dress pattern! Good choice!

    And isnt it neat how your Sis just pics out the best presents??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a busy and productive day you had. Can you make some of that energy rub off on me?

    ReplyDelete