Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life is a Beach! (DOT's Post)

At least for me it is! We just got back from visiting with my son and his girlfriend and of course my grand dog Max. Let me tell you it was a wonderful time! I will be posting more about that tomorrow but today it's about the dogs!

This was about as close to the waves as the pups got. Being from Pennsylvania, and as Eve pointed out, as short as the pups are, the waves looked like mountains to them and sounded like freight trains!

HoneyDew thought she might enjoy the water better from here!

Running away from the waves. (No hubby and I was not trying to dance, just trying to stay out of the tangle of leashes!)

Sampson thought he just might like a closer look.

Eve and Max enjoy walking in the shallows. Max has had all summer to get acclimated and he loves it. I expect by our next visit he will be hanging 10 and barking at us with surfer dude slang!

He did try to encourage the others to join him, but they assured him they were content to watch!

Happy DOT's!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, my favorite place to be is the beach....I could almost smell the salty air! Great pics! Happy DOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lovely grey day at the beach - the kind where sun worshipers avoid it! I had a lab who hated the ocean, too. Now that was funny! They all have their own personalities, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day at the beach. Patachou, my angel rottie, loved the beach. My 2 girls right now, not so much LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissy likes the BEACH but not the surf/ocean. We're looking forward to getting Gretchen out on the shore... She's been to the beach house, but the weather was so awful we never walked on the BEACH, if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beach! Glad to see the pups had fun even if it was from the sidelines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like everyone had a great time. Can't wait to hear more about your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! What a fun day at the beach!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like great fun! How much HoneyDew looks like Martha in those pics!!!
    We do the dance of the leashes all the time!
    Sort of like a barn dance requiring both foot and arm action!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Those are some great beach pics. I just know my girls would love the beach. Did Sampson and Honey Dew run in the wet sand? I bet the pitter-pat... er, I mean the thud of Basset paws on the sand is heartbreakingly cute!

    ReplyDelete