Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday's Walk in the Park

Compared to Friday and Saturday, yesterday's weather could be considered "balmy"! The temperature got up over 40, the sun was shining and the snow was starting to melt. It melted enough by the river that the hounds and I were able to take a nice leisurely stroll in the afternoon.

I still had to wear my winter coat but I could feel the sun's warmth through it and the Bassets must have enjoyed it too, even plunging in the deeper snow for some scent or other that attracted them.


If you look at the top of the picture you can see that I couldn't let them follow the scent or they would be going over the bank into the river!


With the sun's warmth came the sound of giant icicles crashing down all along the rock face. You can make out some smaller ones still hanging there.

After our walk, the hounds waited in the car while I got a few groceries, and for being so patient I treated them to a bag of beef basted biscuits and the little treats that look like t-bones steaks (not all at once!). And then we came home and snuggled.

I love Sunday's like this!

1 comment:

  1. We bassets will follow our noses anywhere, the icy river wouldn't have been such a good idea.
    We like the sound of a nice walk and then treats!
    We wish we had been there.
    love
    Martha & Bailey xx

    ReplyDelete