Saturday, November 29, 2008
It may look simplistic but the scarf really took some time since it was knit pearl knit pearl, wide scarf and long. But it turned out beautiful if I do say so myself.
The others have kept my interest easily as they were Fair Isle design, got to love that strand knitting.
I do have pictures of everything, so if I can get the recipients to model them I will at least post the completed works.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Honestly I will quit posting winter pictures soon, the novelty does wear off pretty quickly. Since it is so snowy, blowy, and cold outside, I will be getting finished with my Christmas knitting projects! As you know we celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday so it leaves the next four days free to knit as much as I want! Yeahhhhh Me. (I am so selfish!)
I probably will schedule a couple of walks for my pups though!
Here is one last picture for you today...
Happy Thanksgiving you'all!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
1. At different times in my life I wanted to be an English teacher (largely due to my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Hoover, who I just loved!), a veterinarian (because I have always been animal crazy, even fed a baby field mouse with an eye dropper!), a nurse, a psychiatrist (because my family tree is full of nuts, JUST KIDDING!), but now that I am 45, I stiiilllll don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
2. I like schedules and to do lists. It makes me feel that I actually have accomplished something when I put that little check mark beside the number. *This only works at the office. In my home life, flexibility and spontaneity is key and relationships are more important, as everyone is coming and going now a days, so I live in the moment to enjoy life to the fullest.
3. My body is definitely at my physical age (some days it feels like it is pushing 60 ;)) but in my minds eye, I still see myself as 20!
4. One of my favorite things God has created that I find true beauty in every day is....trees. I know most people look at them and see shade, firewood, and think; yes that is a nice tree. But I find they have so much character. The texture of the bark, the way that the winds of life have shaped but not broken them, imagine what a tree, if it could talk, has witnessed in it's lifetime. All the changes it has seen. Animals that have passed by, birds that have landed on it's branches, the horrendous storms it has survived, the sun shiny slow days of summer it has enjoyed...just by standing in one place and being a sentinel, if you will, to life going on around it.
5. I collect rocks. Not small ones (well they could be) but rocks that appeal to me from places I have visited. All my friends know this. In fact, my boys, family, friends, and my husband are always on the look out for rocks to gift me with from their travels. This quirk of mine has also started some of my friends to start their own "rock collection"! My husband for instance went on an elk trip to Colorado a couple of years ago, and a friend commented that he spent more time looking at the ground for rocks for me then for the elk. I am sure he was just kidding but you should see the quartz he brought home!
6. I love the ocean! Since I live so far inland I don't get to see it often. I do make do with pictures from others, and Lake Wilhelm that is near by.
7. I am a very greeeeeedy person. I like large gifts that are hard to come by. Sometimes I wait years for them before I get them because I want perfection. For example I have been asked for my Christmas list this year, and here it is;
- All my sons home for Christmas so our whole family can be together on this special day.
- My whole family at the midnight Christmas Eve Service at my church.
- My life surrounded by the white picket fence. (my mom knows what this means!)
- Peace on Earth for all .
I don't think this is too much to ask for, do you?
I tag Sunny!
Monday, November 24, 2008
(Did you recognise the hat?) Elise says ha, ha.
It was a great weekend, and now another countdown till everyone is back in the house just after Christmas.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Here are some pictures of the yard, and by the way we are expecting eight inches more today. This wouldn't be so bad but I have kids, ahem, excuse me, responsible members of the younger generation, driving home today. Please say a prayer for safe travel today for them won't you? They are expected to arrive around 8 PM or so this evening.
Can you see the shy miss trying to stay out of the weather?
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
His name is Gene Anthony and his website is Glass Reflective Artistry.
This piece is one of his works. It was inspired by the Harry Potter Books and it has always been one of my favorite pieces.
Over the years I have been the recipient of some of his work and if you click on the picture or go here you can see more of his pieces, plus his contact information. Leave him a comment when you stop by his place to visit, won't you?
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Son: Hi Mom, how are you doing?
Me: I am fine, um Ben it is 3:oo in the morning, is everything ok?
Son: Well yah except I left Jacks at around 11:30 and the next thing I know a deer jumped out in front of me, and I hit the brakes and uh the jeep is toast.
Me: Are you alright????
Son: Yah except I hit my head and woke up with the jeep against a tree.
Me: Where are you now????
Son: I am back in my dorm room.
Me: Yes but are you ok, did you go to the ER or the campus nurse and get checked out?????
Son: No, but I am ok. I had one of the guys here look at me and he said I look ok...I am just upset about the jeep....
You can imagine the rest of the conversation. Trying to persuade someone who positively hates Doctors, hospitals, and won't take an aspirin or even a cough drop...to go get checked over...
By this time Mr. S. is awake and asking questions...
We couldn't be there to check him over, help with calls to insurance etc. For myself, I could hear his voice, he was calling, not a hospital, or police or the college, his voice was good, shook up but he called so everything, in my book, is going to be ok.
Thank you Father God for looking after my child.
Give someone you love a big hug today.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
- Walk the dogs. √
- Grocery Shop. √
- Lunch. √
- Laundary. √
- Bake Apple Pie. √
- Clean the kitchen. √
- Clean the bathroom. √
- Dust and vacume living room, dining room, and entry way.>>>Will have to wait.
- Winterize front porch. √
- Fill the birdfeeders (again. Seems like I am feeding more squirrels then birds!) √
- Cook dinner. √
- Walk the dogs. √
- Clean laundary room. >>>Will have to wait.
- Blog. √
- Knit and relax! √
Thursday, November 6, 2008
And as we say our goodbyes, the Lake returns to it's natural state and awaits the next visitor to infuse them with the calm peaceful serenity of it's beauty...
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
You Should Be a Doctor
You are practical, sharp, and very intuitive.
Optimistic and energetic, you are a problem solver who doesn't get discouraged easily.
You are also quite compassionate and caring. You make people feel hopeful.
You're highly adaptable and capable. You do well with almost any curve ball life throws at you.
You do best when you:
- Are always learning new subjects
- Use your knowledge to solve problems
You would also be a good therapist or detective.
One of the individuals that I ran into there had suffered a great loss over the summer. Her 23 year old son had died. I had asked her how she was doing and she burst into tears. I again expressed my sympathy (which really means nothing in a situation like this). After which I was at a loss for words. What can one say in the face of grief. I gave her a hug. At times like these, I feel very inadequate. I have never experienced a loss like hers, but I am sure there can be nothing worse. Her name is Shirley. Can you send up a little prayer for her today for comfort and peace?
Saturday, November 1, 2008
This is a span that goes across the river on the trail, as you can see the pups were having a little freedom for photographic purposes and no bikers in sight!